Whether we realize it or not, every time we speak, we use our language to immediately tip others off about how educated, competent, and /or successful we are. It's not surprising, therefore, that studies have shown that a powerful vocabulary is directly linked to success, status, and earning potential!
Benefits of a strong vocabulary are:
- Grants you greater respect and credibility - When you are broadening your vocabulary, people will start to pay more attention to you and begin to follow your lead.
- Boosts your career – Your superiors at work will likely view you as competent.
- Improves your communication & equips you to easily express your ideas - Having the right words to express your ideas effectively will make a difference in getting your point across.
- Improves your writing – You will create the impression you intend in your emails and letters.
- Improves your ability to earn high grades at school or college – You will be writing so well that your grades will likely improve.
- Improves your confidence with words and conversation – You will reduce the amount of stuttering and stammering for the right word and be able to make your point boldly and clearly without losing others’ interest.
- Improves your score on tests such as the SAT, ACT, GMAT, and GRE – You will have greater confidence with an advanced vocabulary when taking these type of tests.
- Improves your spelling - When your emails and letters contain no spelling errors, people will likely view you as educated and may even assume you have a high IQ.
- Empowers you with advanced reading and comprehension skills –You will be able to understand the words and concepts in most everything you read.
- Improves opportunities for promotion and career progression – It has been proven by numerous studies that a good vocabulary is a strong predictor of career success. Having this knowledge will give you a distinct edge over your competition.
Now that you know the benefits of a having a broad vocabulary, it is important to get started now to enhance your own. For suggestions on the steps to take, you may contact me by email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will provide a list of techniques which should prove beneficial.